City Quay is short but it features a number of interesting buildings in including a well know church. At 13-18 is a new, nine-storey, headquarters style, flexible office building bounded by City Quay, Princess Street South, Gloucester Street, and St Mary’s Church in Dublin 2.
Built originally as a chapel of ease to St. Andrews, Westland Row, the Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary became a parish church in 1908. It became known as the Docker’s Church, catering for the seamen and dockers working on the adjacent City Quay. Numerous decorative details enliven its simple form, including the mosaic representing the Immaculate Heart, Star of the Sea, set in a decorative frame over the main entrance.